- Pounded ingredients: 1/3 cup chili paste, 15 shallots, 2 cm shrimp paste (belacan)-optional, 2 lemon grass , 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp of oil
- Tamarind juice (asam water) (1 cup)
- 5 stalks of curry leaves
- Fish Head (Red Snapper or Sek Pan)
- 15 tau-fu pok cut into half
- 1 egg plant, cut into strips
- 5 lady dingers, sliced
- 800ml of thin coconut milk
- 100 ml of thick coconut milk
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of soya sauce
- Prep time: 40 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Servings: 6
- Difficulty: hard
1. Heat up 3 tbsp of oil, saute the pounded ingredients.
2. Then add in the curry leaves, stir fry until aromatic.
3. Add in seasoning, taufu-pok, egg plant and stir well.
4. Pour in thin coconut milk, tamarind juice and bring to boil.
5. Add in fish head and lady fingers, lower the heat and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
6. Pour in thick coconut milk and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Dish up and serve.
You may serve with rice. If you prefer noodles, cook it separately and drain. Pour in the curry gravy.