I first came across this book in MPH, Mid Valley of 12 Aug 2017. The author, a formidable journalist, Kalimullah Hassan compiled his columns in New Straits Time and published this book with the above title.
I read a speech script in the book, who was meant for a convocation of a local university.It is inspiring. Kalimullah shared about his belief of a one-Malaysia, and that it would be workable if everyone of us does not give up, even it is just a tiny ripple of hope. The script is also a reminiscence of his younger days where there were better racial harmony in the region. I feel that every Malaysian should read this article.
Below are the beautiful phrases and vocabulary I noted down.
- a tinge of regret
- you are raring to go
- twilight stage of life
- you are o the fringes of a new beginning with all the time ahead of you
- winter tears of our life
- accentuate- to give emphasis,
- shackled only by the limits
- envisage- contemplate, visualize
- a land of honey and sunshine
- hujan batu di negeri sendiri, lebih baik daripada hujan emas di negeri orang Malay
- glorious sunshine
- salvage-the act of saving- noun
- as they fade into the twilight of their sunset years