On a working weekday, there is no ground for us with toy the idea of having those soup that take more then one hour to prepare (老火汤). Nonetheless, you do deserve a bowl of hot soup after a long day of work. If you have never fail to prepare instant mee, trust me you can’t go wrong with this simple tomato soup.
The ingredients you need are rather simple. I have added a little bit of ground pork here. Take note that it is absolutely optional. The main ingredients are merely dried scallops, tomato and 1 egg. Sound ridiculous? Dear, it is easy as pie and really effortless to make.
Take note that this soup is best taken instantly after you add the egg.
- 2 tomato (cut into wedges)
- 1/3 bowl of ground pork (optional)
- 1 tbsp of small dried scallops (Please increase to 2 if you are not adding ground pork.
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 3 cups of water
- Prep time: 5 min
- Cook time: 15 min
- Servings: 2
- Difficulty: easy
1. Boil the water in a small pot.
2. Add all the ingredients except salt and egg and boil for 15 min.
3. For the ground pork, add it using a small spoon (one by one)
4. Add the salt and beaten egg. Switch off the fire immediately after egg the egg.