- 600gm yam (Remove skid and dice)
- 1/2 cup of shelled gingko nuts
- 1 cup of sugar
- Half cup of water
- 6 tbsp of corn oil
- 3 shallots, sliced thinly
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Difficulty: medium
1. Put half cup of sugar and water non-stick pan. Let it simmer with low heat and add gingko nuts, and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
2. Steam the diced yam till soft. Blend the steamed yam paste with 3 tbsp of oil.
. Heat remaining 3 tbsp of oil to saute the sliced shallots till golden brown, then add the yam purree. Stir fry over low heat till the paste is smooth.
4. Serve in individual small plate with gingko nuts. Serve hot.