- One Chinese Pomfret or Red Snapper Fillet
- 2 tbsp of dried shrimps (soaked and chopped)
- 4 tbsp of lime juice or 2 tbsp of tamarind paste (ASAM) mixed with 4 tbsp of water
- Sugar & salt to taste
- Pounded Ingredients
- 5 shallots, 1 tbsp of chili paste and 1 clove of garlic.
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 20 min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: medium
1. Marinate the fish with 2 tbsp of salt and clean with water after 20 minutes
2. Pat dry the fish with kitchen towel
3. Steam the fish for 15 minutes and drain well.
4. Heat 3 tbsp of oil, and stir fry the pounded ingredients and chopped dried shrimps. Stir fry till fragnant
5. Add the lime juice or tamarind juice, add sugar and salt to taste.
6. Spread the fried ingredients on steamed fish and serve hot.
You can either steam or pan-fry the fish.