- A: 20 shallots, 1 clove of garlic, 2 stalks of lemon grass, 2 cm of belacan, 4 tbsp of chili paste
- 5 pieces of Ikan Kembung
- 1 bowl of tamarind water (you just need to mix 2 tbsp of tamarind with hot water)
- Oil for pan frying
- Sugar and salt to taste.
- Difficulty: easy
1. Clean the fish and rub with salt and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Wash the marinated fish to remove the salt and pat dry the fish with kitchen roll.
3. Pan fry the fish with oil.
4. Blend ingredients A in a blender until it turn into a smooth paste.
5. Hit 4 tbsp of oil in a frying pan and add in the blended ingredients.
6. Stir fry till fragrant, then add in the tamarind juice.
7. Add sugar and salt to taste.
8. Pour the cooked chilli paste (sambal) over pan-fried fish and serve hot with rice.