My grandma has been preparing this dish for most praying occasions since ages ago, such as the decease anniversary of our ancestors, or CNY eve. There is never a change to the cooking method. Nevertheless, all of us do like it though. During the younger days, having a prawn dish is always a luxury. Kids like us would be so excited when there was a prawns dish. Complaining about the repeated cooking method never cross our mind as we could not even wait to finish the hot and spicy prawns after prayers.
Beware that the chilli sauce used is different from the ordinary chilli sauce, but something like the one shown in the photo above. You can sauce it in local hypermarket or grocery shop.
- 10-12 pieces of big prawns
- 2 tbsp of KFC flour
- 2 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 stalk of spring onion (chopped)
- 4 tbsp of chilli sauce (Diamond Brand or other similar brands)
- Prep time: 20 min
- Cook time: 30 min
- Servings: 4
- Difficulty: easy
1. Trim the prawns and pat dry it.
2. Dusk the prawns with KFC flour and deep fry till cook. Set aside the fried prawns.
3. Remove the access oil and just leave 3 tbsp of oil in the wok.
4. Stir-fry the chopped garlic and spring onion till fragrant.
5. Add the chilli sauce and boil it.
6. Once the mixture in wok is boiling, add in the fried prawns and mixed well.
7. Serve hot with rice.